Monday, August 30, 2010

Peyton is probably at the BEST age right now! Of course, every stage is great and it really does just keep getting better, but she is SO MUCH FUN right now! Every day she does stuff that just makes us laugh so much! We are so grateful to have her in lives and I don't know what we would do without her now. She loves when Kenny comes home and she will run into our room because she knows he will chase her. He will pick her up and (gently) toss her on the bed and she will get up and fall face first continuously into the pillows! She loves it! She also tries to run to you and she will put her arms up with her head back when you say "come give me a hug!"

She has 16 teeth now! I am beginning to think that this is just absurd because everyone that I talk to can't believe she has so many! This girl can put some food away too! She eats close to two scrambled eggs plus a banana every morning with a full cup of milk. For lunch, I have been making her grilled cheese sandwiches and she usually will eat a whole one minus the crust. She is constantly snacking all day long too on crackers, fruit, pretzels, whatever she can get her hands on!

Sometimes I think she shares her food with the dogs because if I don't put them outside while she eats they are right on her heels! And she is pretty good at sharing. She will usually give you whatever she has if you ask for some.She loves this little chair and I don't know why we never thought to bring it out of her room and into the living room. Anytime we couldn't find her, she would always be in her room in her chair with a book, ball, or even sometimes sitting there with nothing and just waiting for us to find her.
She LOVES playing catch and can throw the ball pretty well too!She also likes to play with her little golf clubs. She will chase Winnie with them and finds it hilarious when she runs away! I could just eat that smile up! On Friday, Peyton joined her two friends, Daley and Braxton, for "Story Time" at Barnes and Noble and they weren't interested in the story as much as the snacks we had for them.Afterwards, we went to the splash pad and she loved it! This was the first time she ever played in the water. She got a little upset when a kid tried to cover the hole and it got her more wet than what she wanted. A little later my mom met us there and we went to lunch at Brio. Peyton enjoyed coloring while we enjoyed our crab cakes-yummy! Later that night I played softball and it was so precious watching Kenny chase Peyton around. Then I would see her bend down and hand him rock after rock and thought it was so sweet and sad to see how big she has gotten:( sniff, sniffBraxton was not having any of the splash pad fun!Daley didn't waste anytime!
Eventually, she was just interested in the stroller and stairs rather than the water and toys. Thanks again Steve and Mal for the invite (and pictures)! We had a great time!

Saturday, after we did some yard work, we went to Kenny's parents' to watch the Cowboys game...we won't talk about that though...they lost and that's that...but she had fun playing with all the toys from Aunt Patti, Jen, and Kristi over there! I have been trying to catch this look she gives on camera...she will laugh with you then all of a sudden she'll put her head down like this and stare out of the tops of her eyes. It's really funny!Sunday we had a fantasy football draft at my cousins' house! I can't believe it's already time for this madness to begin! Here's auntie Kelli chasing Peyton around!

3 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

She is getting so big! Time for another baby Kara ;) I love how happy she always looks! I hope I get as lucky and have a cute kid like you do :)

Lindsay said...

Bekah was the same way with food. She ate a ton! I couldn't believe it. She would sit longer and eat more then her boy cousins, and yet be skinnier then them. Your little girl is adorable. She isn't quite a baby anymore. Watch out the feeling for another baby is right around the corner. At least it was for me when I saw my baby turn one. :)

.mommy.maui. said...

Thanks again for accepting the invite Kara! The kids had a lot of fun! Can't wait to do it all again Monday!