Friday, August 20, 2010

Craigslist

I love this site! I have sold quite a few items on it and even purchased a fab find...my glider/rocker for $15! However, I hate all the junk/"sold already"/ugly/broken stuff you have to go through to find whatever it is that you're looking for...


Example A: I see the description of what I'm looking for, I click, NO PICTURE! Can you say frustrating! Because chances are I'm not gonna waste my time to email because more than likely it's an overprice piece of junk anyway!

Which brings me to...

Example B: I want a wingback chair, just for the heck of it...I want to ATTEMPT to reupholster it just because I think it might be a fun little cheap project...anyway, so I start looking at the furniture and I see some of the stuff people put on there like a "couch for $100 with holes/tears/cat scratches...but it's really comfy"...just because people buy their jeans with tears doesn't mean they will buy a couch with tears! And for $100 at that! C'mon people!

So, the point of this post was just for a little humor...I was cleaning out my junk drawers and found my old ipod. I figured that since we have itouches and I haven't used it in almost 2 years, I might as well try to sell it. So I put it on Craigslist for $60 with all the little accessories. A couple of hours later I got 3 emails and here is what one of them said...

"would you be interested in a trade for it? i got a nice 3 hose hookah, some knives, and a mini samuri sword, and also got a small clarion amp, if your interested in anything let me know you can also text me at ###-###-#### - Warlock Shaylo"

First off, I don't smoke whatever it is that you put into a hookah...I definitely don't need any knives-I would rather have a gun for protection-I'm not into Worlds of Warcraft or whatever that game is so a mini samuri sword wouldn't do me any good, and I'm pretty sure I don't need a clarion amp...Just thought this was funny! Of course my response wasn't this blunt, but I did have the courtesy to send a simple "no, but thanks" his way.

PS Warlock Shaylo might be his war name, ya think?

HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the FUNNIEST thing I have ever read. OH MY GOSH...people are strange. I can't believe you didn't want the hookah...lol. HYSTERICAL! Love it!

Ashley Madsen said...

haha Seriously the funniest email. That is hilarious! I was just looking at on craigslist for a little cute sofa I could use for pictures... not one for $1500 that's for sure! Other than that I just found things with holes!