Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with my parents and had a delicious dinner of corned beef and cabbage! This was actually one of my favorite meals growing up so we had it more than just once a year, but it was a must tonight! Peyton enjoyed some carrots and potatoes. Afterwards, Hailey had a scrimmage that we went and watched.I wanted to make something festive and since I couldn't find mint chocolate chips at Walmart, I just made regular brownies and decorated them with some vanilla frosting and sprinkles. I was a little bummed because Betty Crocker had a fun recipe, but oh well.Peyton is getting the hang of clapping! She started doing it the other night at Kenny's softball game, but stopped when we made a big deal and sarted clapping along with her. She also started to "cheer" when Kenny got up to bat! She was so proud of her daddy;)I finally got a picture of P's top teeth! Excuse her greasy hair! Kelli wanted to put her hair into a mohawk and because it wouldn't stay by itself, she put vaseline in it! Crazy Auntie Kelli!We have also been doing some spring cleaning around here! We finally cleaned out the garage after putting it off for months! P's room was in desperate need of a thorough clean. I started in the middle of the week and finally finished Saturday! I hung up everything that has been sitting in the corner since before we brought her home, and finally went through all of her clothes and packed away the ones that are too small and had almost two garbage bags full! The only thing left to do is fill all of her frames with pictures! Now she has lots of room to play! I put some toys on the lower shelf so she eventually works her way over there and pulls them out to play with! It is so fun to watch her concentrate on whatever she is playing with. She looks so small here! You can see in the picture the little shelf I bought from goodwill for $2 that I painted. It was perfect for P's robes and towels.Just like her mama and daddy...she can fall asleep just about anywhere! She must have been extremely tired because she was playing and making all sorts of noises a minute before I looked over and saw this.I love baby kisses!Last week we thought she might have been teething more because she was kinda fussy. Then, after one night of her waking up at 1 am then again at 4 am, I suspected an ear infection so I made her an appointment. Luckily, they had an opening just two hours later because sure enough she had a DOUBLE ear infection and we got her on amoxicillin right away. She is doing much better now and there were only two maybe three rough nights for us. However, she did get two more top teeth in so now she has a total of six! I noticed they broke through just the other day.
Hailey is staying at our house for the weekend because my parents went out of town so we to San Tan Mall, had lunch, and shopped for Peyton's Easter outfit. We went to Tilly's to find some sunglasses and of course Peyton wanted to try some on too! Which ones do you think...blue or black?I'm thinkin' the blue ones!
Here's a little photo shoot Hailey and I had with her! My goodness she is CUTE! Even though she would hardly smile because she wanted to GRIND HER TEETH the whole time! But I still got some good ones!



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Ah! Cute pictures. Is she starting to scoot or crawl yet? That is when the real fun begins, and baby proofing. She is a doll.