Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Great Grandpa Ed

Sadly, my great grandpa passed away last week so we had to make a quick little trip to California on Monday. It has been about a year and a half since Kenny and I last visited him. He has been waiting patiently for a couple of years now to be with my great grandma Helen again and now he is finally where he wants to be. I do not do well with viewings, but my family says he looked good, so I will take their word for it. One of my last memories of him I want to remember is the afternoon we were at their house and he was surrounded by family and friends having a great time... When we were younger we loved going to see them. My grandpa would take us over to the park right next to their house and let us help him lock it up for the night. We thought we were the coolest because our grandpa was in charge of the park :) He was a member of the shriners and I remember going to football games, parties, and other fun events. Some of my best memories as a child was going to visit and luckily I will always have them.

1 comment:

Alissa Mott said...

Kara, I am sorry to hear about your great-grandpa..but WOW, your GREAT grandpa? Thats amazing..and how lucky he has been to see his great grandchildren grow up..and to actually see his great-great-grandchildren? Thats amazing! I am 100% sure that he is in SUCH an amazing place, and how sweet that he is with his love again!:)