Wednesday, January 13, 2010

6 Months Old! Already?!?

Her nose looks like it is stained orange from her food! LOLPeyton turned 6 months last week! I can't believe she is this old already...I know I say that every time. She is getting so big right in front of our very eyes:( We went to the doctor yesterday for her 6 month checkup and she weighs 17lbs 15oz (75th percentile) and she is 27in long (80th percentile) She has such a personality that is so fun and sweet. She smiles all the time, even at complete strangers. Actually, it's really cute because if we are in a store and someone talks to her she kind of looks at them with a little grin then looks at me with a look like "is it ok if I smile at this stranger mom?" haha She also reaches now too. One night while Kenny was holding her I was cooking and he walked into the kitchen and she saw me and totally reached out for me! I LOVED IT! Before, if she was in her car seat or something she would move her arms like she knew she was getting out but nothing like this. Now though if she is in her little activity gym and I walk by she will put her arms up. I know this is only the beginning of more fun things to come, but right now its the little things that are so dang cute. She loves to feel her teeth on her top gums(at least we think that is what she is doing.) She will move her mouth around like an old lady trying to place her dentures and it is so funny. She absolutely hates putting on shirts! She loves bath time! She loves to be held! Hates to be touched and talked to when she is tired. Loves anything that makes a ruffling noise, like a bag or her wipes when we change her, and anything she can get a hold of goes straight into her mouth. Also, the other night we gave her a taste of lemon and we had the camera ready for a sour face, but NOTHING! She just smacked her lips together like, mmm, what was that and can I have some more? Her sleeping schedule is a little weird now too. She is also still in our room...I know you are probably thinking "what!?!" But it's our first baby and we just can't seem to put her in her own room yet, so don't judge! We were going to try just before New Year's, but then she got sick and was coughing at night so I wanted her close by. She starts out in her bed, then between 3:30 and 4 she wakes up, not crying or hungry, she just wants to talk. So she talks and yells and scratches her fingers against the side that makes a noise and we wouldn't mind, but Kenny gets up so early that I don't want to bother his sleep so I just lay her next to me and we cuddle and I let her play with my hands and face until we fall asleep again. I have tried keeping her awake until as late as 11 at night, but she still wakes up at that time. I have tried to limit her naps, but that's hard if I am driving and can't help it if she falls asleep. And I think it is a little cruel to keep her awake when we are home when she is falling asleep like this in her toys...She pulled her bow down and even though she was probably uncomfortable, I thought she looked so precious. I just thought it was so funny and I wanted to snap a picture of it:) I do put her in her crib to nap and at first she wakes up, but then I just put her little music and light toy on that hangs on the side she watches and hits at it until she falls back asleep.On Monday, it was Hailey's 14th birthday so that day we went to Chandler mall, had lunch, and shopped. That night we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and it just wouldn't have been a proper birthday celebration without the saddle and song! She was so embarrassed, but there was also another girl right next to us celebrating her 14th birthday too so she wasn't alone!Here she was doing her mouth thing in Finish Line that day, but I was too slow and she saw me and smiled.Such a pleasant little passenger she is!She gets so excited and bounces up and down when you talk to her while she is playing!She grabs for everything now and that means her bowls while I feed her too! She was too quick and hit the bowl then when I went to grab a paper towel she started smacking at it...So I just let her play...I didn't think I would be faster at getting the paper towel than she would be finding the pile of sweet potatoes in front of her:) Luckily, she wasn't dressed for the day. I have learned that her foods get messy so I wait.And in other news...How 'bout them Cowboys, huh?! Kenny is on cloud 9 after hearing what everyone is saying about them! They are doing awesome and please, Lord, let them win it all!! My hubby deserves it:) lol It is a great week on TV, that's for sure! With ESPN talking up the Cowboys, American Idol starting last night and LOST starting in a couple weeks it couldn't get better! AI had us almost rolling on the floor with these two gems! Watch and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTD1jzssd3w


Hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

6 months??? AHHH! She's adorable. I can't believe how grown up Hailey is! And she is soo pretty! I'm super jealous of her hair. She looks JUST like you in that picture. Oh my gosh that first lady on American Idol was on crack or something and her belly fat was disturbing when she jumped around. HAHAHA! Gotta love it.

Lindsay said...

What cute pictures. I love her big blue eyes. Time really does fly, before you know it you will be planning her 1st birthday.