Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!


Yes, I know almost a week has passed, but better late than never, right? I have been thinking of what my New Year's Resolution will be, but let's be honest, I can't keep those! The last decade has been incredible! Of course there were ups and downs, but that's what makes life fun! Not only did I meet the man of my dreams, but we have a beautiful child, a cozy place we call home, wonderful families, and the best friends, so what more can we ask for. Of course those are the "ups" and really the only down is the fact that we are getting too old too fast! We are grown-ups with bills and are completely responible for a precious baby, which is the scariest, yet most fascinating and exciting feeling! I guess you can consider my resolution is to be the best mom through love, patience, and strength. I have no doubt about the love part, but I may need help with the patience and strength...the practice of patience when my house is a mess because of a curious little toddler and the strength to keep those tears from pouring out of my eyes when she is hurting (I am not gonna lie, I pretty much lost it when her first tooth came in) We spent New Year's Eve safe at home. My brother-in-law, Matt, came over along with my cousin and his girlfriend. Peyton wasn't feeling good so we didn't want to take her out anywhere. I am pretty sure she caught a cold that I had last week. She has had a runny nose and that night she developed a little cough. I had to call the doctor about a month ago because she sounded a little stuffy, but since she is too young to take anything, they said to watch her and if it develops into something worse, then make an appointment. Well, Thursday night she started to cough...Friday, she was still coughing, but only during her sleep. It was a horrible little cough though and sounded like it hurt. Saturday morning I called the doctor and they were able to get her in within the hour! Thankfully! Her pediatrician said her chest was clear and it is just a cold and that we would have to let it run it's course. If it doesn't seem to get better within 7-10 days, she wanted us to bring her in again, but her 6 month check up is next Tuesday so we will know by then if he is getting better or not. I think she is much better and barely has a little cough now. Well, I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Celebration! Here's to the last decade, and to the next 10 years that await us!Yes, this little girl was awake to celebrate the New Year!

2 comments:

Skaggs Family said...

6 months already!? no way!!! thats so cute that she was your guys' new years kiss! i love it!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

She stayed up for the new year?? what a trooper! Ryder was in bed by 9:30 and slept through all the loud fireworks! HA! I am an old woman. I went to bed at 10:30 and Jon stayed up by himself. Now that I think about it that's really sad and I feel kinda bad :( Anyways, it sucks SOOO bad when your baby is sick, doesn't it? I can never sleep cuz I'm just laying in bed worrying myself crazy! You are a good mom and I'm sure you have WAAAAY more patience than I do. Happy New Year!