Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our baby girl is a BIG girl!

The last week or so I have been a little concerned if Peyton has been getting enough to eat. I wasn't sure if I was nursing long enough so I increased that time but even then she would start to get hungry again only a couple of hours later. I know not every baby is the same, but what I gathered from "the books" and the internet this was a little too often to be eating when I was almost sure she was getting at least 5-6 ounces. I say "the books" because I look up everything and always refer to what the books "say" when I talk to other moms about what they did with their babies. For example, did every mom put rice cereal in their child's bottles?? Because that is a huge no-no! According to the "books" lol! Can you tell I am a "first-timer" those of you who already have babies? :) I would have to say we have only ignored one rule from our pediatrician and that is letting Peyton sleep with us. Anyway, I came across something that said a baby her age shouldn't have more than 32 oz of fluid a day! This whole time I thought you just feed them however often and however much! Well, Saturday I was talking to my cousin who has 2 kids and she said that her son started to eat cereal when he was 3 months! So I figured I would wait until Monday just to make sure it was a good idea to start Peyton on cereal or see what the doc recommended at her 4 month check-up. Well, he said to go right ahead! So Peyton and I went to Target and got all the essentials for her first meal! We think she liked it!I'm ready mom and dad! Hurry and give me some of that food!Let me help you mom because you are just going too slow for me!Her appointment went very well! As we were walking in, the girl said "wow, she is getting tall" and we have been thinking the same thing lately. Her stats: she is 25 and a 1/4 inches tall, weighs 14lbs 9oz, and I forgot what her head measured, but he said she looks great, once again! She was smiling at the doctor and talking to him. (I think she likes his accent-it sounds like "thot ees pawfectly nawmal" when saying "that is perfectly normal" while dragging out the first syllable in a word...He's really nice though) Next thing I know I am holding her poor little arms and whispering in her ear in hopes to soothe her from the terrible needle that is being pushed against her will into her thigh:( She had to get 2 shots which is still the most horrible thing for me! She was a trooper and only cried for maybe 20 seconds. The weekend went fast, but they usually do. Friday night Matt had a game against a really good team. The Bulldogs lost, but they put up a great fight! It was more of the coaches fault than the way the team played. But they still made the playoffs so we have at least one more game! Saturday, Hailey had a softball tournament and they won it all again! I am so happy that the weather is cooling down enough during the days so we are able to start going to the tournaments again. We have missed the last few months because they were just too hot during the day to take Peyton. It is just perfect in the shade now though! Sunday, Matt and Sasha came over then we headed to Kenny's parents' for the Cowboys game. Monday, Hailey had a soccer game for school and then we headed over to my parents for pizza and Monday Night Football! I may have lost fantasy, once again, but the Cowboys are looking good! And Peyton was excited about them winning too! Her jersey is too big so for now a white shirt and navy blue flower will have to serve as her team spirit:) Showin' some love for the QC Ladycats!Hanging out with Auntie Kel at the softball fields! Me and Papa!Me and Grandma! Poor girl was exhausted!Looks like she is picking my nose haha!Hope everyone has a GREAT week!

1 comment:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Oh my gosh she IS totally picking your nose. HAHA! That's funny. She IS a big girl. I love the chunkness. That's funny that rice cereal in the bottle is a huge "no-no." Once Ryder turned 4 months I started putting it in his last bottle before bed so he'd stay fuller and sleep longer. It worked so I did it. I wouldn't ever believe EVERYTHING you hear. Obviously you don't cuz Peyton sleeps with you. Just listen to advice and take what you want from it.