Friday, December 12, 2008

It's almost here!

Christmas is less than 2 weeks away! CRAZY! We pretty much have all of our shopping done, except just little odds and ends. It's kind of a bummer though because we look forward to Christmas shopping! This will be our 8th Christmas together and our 4th one married! That is just insane to me!

Time to reminisce...I remember waking up, or Kelli waking me up, and running out to see if Santa had made his pit stop by the Maher's yet. We would check the cookies on the plate and the carrots in the front yard-the reindeer needed to eat too:) Then we would quietly go through our stockings and when we were finished with that, we would then go and wake up our parents!

Now, Kenny and I are making our own traditions. Christmas Eve, we always put on A Christmas Story and wrap everyone's gifts. Christmas Morning, we wake each other up, then depending on if we fell asleep before putting each other's gifts out, we will hurry and put them under the tree before the other one sees:) Then we put on some Christmas music and open our gifts to each other. I love it!

Here is our tree...We do it blue, silver, and white for the Dallas Cowboys:) We can't put any gifts under it because we think Winnie might chew on them.
This is our first ornament we bought together. We got it on our honeymoon in Newport. It's a starfish...just painted...obviously:)

3 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

Hey!! Thanks so much about the comment on our tree! It was so fun decorating our very first one:) Your tree also looks so cute, and I love your little ornament! Being married is just so fun and doing all new things together! I love it! That reindeer we have has been my moms for YEARS!.. My uncle made it, and shes now passing a lot of the decorations down to me! I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas:)

Lisa Dalton said...

Congratulations, you guys! I just heard your news! WOW! Hope you're feeling well Kara, let me know if you need anything at all! I have tons of books if you want them!

:) Lis

Ashley Madsen said...

Looks like someone beat me to it! I just looked at your myspace!!! Congratulations on your exciting news!!! What a great year this will be for you!!!