Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Bloggin'

I'm on a roll with posting lately...I think this makes four for the week??? Or maybe just three...anyway, it's more than what I have been doing lately. I'm sure I said before that she definitely keeps me busy all day and blogging isn't on my list of priorities. However, I have been able to sneak a few in and this one is just a random one, but I thought I would share anyways.

So, it's a work in progress, but I am still redecorating our master bedroom. The walls are painted and I have a few accessories in place, but I have not found the drapes that I want so it looks a little unfinished without window treatments. The comforter has not been put on the bed, but I did start another BIG project that I am so eager to finish, but it is just so dang hot outside! I will pass on the heatstroke, thank you! I just really need to learn to finish one thing before I start another because I have a lot of stuff on my project table in the garage! Anyway, on to my big project...
BEFORE:AFTER:Yes, I am staining our furniture! The two smallest pieces down, and the other four big ones to go!

Another "hobby" I have gotten back into is couponing-is that a word? I kinda gave it up and just recently started back into it. I may not get on here and blog all the time, but one thing is for sure, I always check out www.moneysavingmom.com to score whatever deals may be out there. I will admit though, I did this all myself and who says you have to pay $15 a month to have some lady tell you what to get and what coupons to use? (No offense to those of you who pay for that service:)) I was so proud of my shopping trip today that I just have to blog about it! I got all this...plus all this:If I didn't have coupons up the wazoo over here, I would not have gotten over $70 worth of stuff for $26! Yeah, that's right $26! And it is not just stuff, these items are actual necessities! How did I ever let this "hobby" slide to the back burner?! I get so much joy out of saving money...or supporting my husband's habit of energy drinks with the money I would have spent;)

2 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

Um! I totally need to get on that same coupon hobby of yours! That is amazing! With the baby coming, and me not working soon- I think I need to become a coupon Mom if it as easy as everyone says!! Good work Kara! :) Your end table looks GREAT!! We are in the process of starting a few furniture projects for the baby's room too!:) Hopefully ours looks as good as yours!

.mommy.maui. said...

Wow Kara! You are awesome! I can't stand clippin gcoupons! More power to ya! Oh... And your furniture looks amazing! :) See ya tonight!