Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tis the Season!

Now that Thanksgiving has came and gone let the Christmas shopping begin! Last Christmas we were expecting Peyton and were so anxious for this Christmas to get here. Well, now it's here and we are more ready than ever for Christmas morning! Of course she will not be old enough to open her own gifts until next year, but we are still so excited! We haven't put the lights up outside yet, but sometime this week they will make their way up to the roof:) However, our Christmas tree is up! Peyton couldn't keep her eyes off of it!Oooh, can I touch it?Peyton's new "thing" is biting her lower lip. She hasn't gotten a rash, but I wouldn't doubt it if one shows up because it seems like she is always doing this. Sometimes she makes cute smacking and sucking noises too.She also loves to play with our faces.Peyton also celebrated her first Thanksgiving! She had sweet potatoes and squash for dinner (not homemade, Gerber, of course). Poor girl...we had two fantastic dinners with each of our families and she just had to sit and watch! I would have to say my favorites were the sweet potatoes at Kenny's parents and the cajun flavored turkey my dad fried! Yum! I also made a homemade apple pie for the first time! Hopefully it was good! I wouldn't know because I made it for Kenny's boss. He lives right around the corner from Kenny's parents so we stopped by for a minute and I wanted to give him and his family something because he such great guy and his family is nice too! I just need to work on the crust:) But it smelled good!One happy Cowboys family on Thanksgiving! Too bad something caught Peyton's eye, but it's still a cute family picture, I think!Kenny at his flag-football tournament this weekend. They ended up 3-2 for the day, but it is definitely better than they have done the last few tournaments. They actually made it to the playoffs this time!:) Look at those moves!:)She was enjoying watching her daddy tear it up on the field! We were there pretty much all day so after a while she was tired.
Luckily they lost or they would have had to play in this! It started sprinkling when we were leaving!Here are some random pictures from the last couple of weeks...Hanging out with Auntie Kel watching Sunday night football.She is so cute!My dad put his car into a car show last weekend and since Kenny was practicing for a TurkeyBowl that night, Peyton and I went down to see all the other cars. Here's my dad's car!Here is what P did while at the car show.Me and P! I love this little girl so much!I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And speaking of being thankful, I am very thankful for everything in my life! Our wonderful families, great friends, and of course our healthy baby girl!

3 comments:

Skaggs Family said...

OH MY GOSH your pie looks amazing!!! i dont like pie, but if i did i would dive head first into yours LOL! i love the pic of Peyton looking at the tree, sooo cute! We got Preston's pic with Santa at San tan flat the other day. He cried of course LOL but they had a really great set up and it was a professional photographer! oh and by the way, if she starts to get a rash on her chin, try using Aquaphor. it works WONDERS! preston gets teething rashes on his chin and the nurse said to use that. it clears up right away! i got it at wal mart in the aisle w vasaline i think..? its blue and white! anywho.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Ooh la la! I'm likin' the extensions and your pie looks sooooo awesome. I've never made a pie either but it seems like a lot of work. You did great! I'm super jealous of your Christmas tree. We had one in storage at our old house and when we moved out we forgot it. When Jon went back to get it, the renters had stolen it. LOVELY! I love Christmas trees so it makes me really sad. Oh well. One of these days I will have one again.

Alissa Mott said...

Im glad you had a great thanksgiving with your new little baby girl! Christmas will still be so fun even if she has NO idea whats going on:)
and your pie looks awesome! I attempted this year, and my pie did not look as good as yours! LOL:)