Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where does the weekend go?

Uncle Matt had a game on friday, which they won! Saturday, we got up early and drove up north for the day with Kenny's parents to get firewood for their firepit. We thought it might be a little chilly, but surprisingly it was just perfect! It was so pretty with all the leaves changing colors and the cool breeze was just what we needed after last weeks hot weather in the valley. Sunday, we went to Katie and Jake's house and watched football with them and Matt and Sasha. I got up early this morning to let our dogs out and a nice breeze blew threw the back door and it put me in the mood to clean house! I love days like this when you can open all the windows and you don't hear your ac running all day! I took a little break to blog about our weekend. Enjoy!
Auntie Katie making me laugh at Uncle Matt's game!On our way up north with all my friends to keep me company!I fell asleep on our way up! We also went on a little hike and I was playing with the different functions on my camara.Friday, I went to a store called Ribbons and Lace. At first, I was a little disappointed because the flowers for headbands were expensive. The headbands were also expensive-$4 each! They are definitely cute enough to sell for that much, but I only thought they were expensive because I knew that if I could get the stuff to put them together myself, I could save a lot. I finally found the elastic lace, after asking someone, and got different colors for the bands. Then I found some flowers that had the little fuzzy yellow thing in the middle. I knew I could take them apart so I got a few of those in different colors. Then I got enough rhinestones to hot glue in the center of each flower and clips to be able to mix and match the flowers and bands. I made a lot of different bows I can now put together for a little less than $20! I was thrilled!
Lace-$1.59/yd
Flowers-$1.49 eachClips-$.25 each; Rhinestones-$.29 eachThese were the headbands that were $4 each(w/out the flower) and I almost got a couple, but then I remembered that I already had some!All of the flowers are interchangeable with each band too!It was a fun little project! I love them and doesn't she just look so darn cute?!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Those are so cute! I love the flowers. You did a great job. If you ever want to make more clips when she gets more hair, buy the big box of 100 for $5 at Sally's hair supply. It is a lot cheaper. Also you can find some cute flower bunches at the dollar store and just pull them off the stem and hot glue them back together on the clip with a jewel. Just some cheap tricks I have learned from other moms with girls. You can never have enough hair accessories. :) Your little girl is adorable.