Sunday, June 7, 2009

Update!

And Jen, I know what you are thinking...it's about time:) I will try to make it quick then on with the pics! First off, we are going WEEKLY to our appointments now! We are filled with excitement, not to mention a little anxiety that has came on in just the last week! We only have four weeks left! We had an appointment on friday and she is in position, her heart sounds great, and she is still moving all around all the time! I feel great, except the heartburn! My heels hurt too, but I think that is because I just can't sit still! I don't know if that is a good or bad thing because I have heard that pregnant women get a "burst of energy" right before they go into labor. Although, I haven't really had a "downtime" during this last stretch of my pregnancy so I don't really notice any change. I have gained a total of 27 pounds and I think the last few pounds are from popsicles (bullets especially) and lemon lime gatorade! I am constantly craving them and can't get enough! Thank goodness for QT and their $.59 fountain drinks because I go at least once, sometimes twice a day. I know I can buy gatorade at the store and have it home too-which we do, but there is just something about fountain drinks and the crushed ice from QT-is that a pregnancy thing? haha:) Anyway, so we saw one of the doctors in the office friday and I am not dilated so she isn't coming in the next week, we know that for sure. However, my other doctor said he will not let me go past the 8th of July. Which we were thinking would be a cool birthday-07/08/09:) Hopefully I will go full term because my doctor that I have always seen (until I got pregnant and had to rotate between the ones in the office) is on call the week I am due and he delivered me and my sisters so I would just love for him to deliver Peyton too! Now on with the pics!!

The nursery is pretty much ready for our little Sweet P to come home! After lots of prepping, spackling, and painting the walls are still not completely finished, but only little touch-ups are needed.
Before: In progress: After: The frame on the wall isn't completed either because we will take a picture every month from the day she is born and put in it until she is 1! The paper matches the "DREAM" letters that will go above the closet and the frames that I scrapbooked to match will go on a shelf. The only few things left to do, is finish the glider that will go in the corner to the right of the crib and finish hanging up some shelves and some wall art, otherwise we are ready! We also have been in the process of washing all of her clothes! And can I just say, WOW! She has a ton of them! We have done probably about five full loads and two of them were just pinks! Her closet is full from almost left to right and we are still not done washing everything! Her crib has all of her newborn sizes so we know what she has to wear right away! We decided to put them in there for now because let's be honest, she won't be sleeping in there very much-according to her daddy:) I don't think she has much of a choice when it comes to being such a girly-girl! Here are her first tutus and some cute little spankies to cover her diaper! We also have all of her bath stuff ready! That will be fun:) Look at all the robes, towels, and washcloths the girl has!

Hopefully it won't be long again before another update!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your nursery is so adorable! Great job. How exciting only four weeks. Get as much sleep as you can. :) Which is hard, at least it was for me, because I felt huge and uncomfortable at the end. Good luck!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

I love her nursery!! So adorable. I can't believe how soon she will be here and hopefully you will update more often when she's here. So I still want that picture of me and you at your shower!! Really bad! And I was gonna tell you I noticed your blog shows I haven't updated in 5 months but I just updated today. It's because I'm private. When people are private it doesn't update you. Weird.

Matt and Nikki Smith said...

You're so crafty! Her room is too cute! I cant believe you will be a mom in less than 3 weeks! Maybe it's because you didn't find out until so far into your pregnancy, but it seems like you just announced you were pregnant! I hope "d-day" comes soon and your heartburn will go away :) Good luck with everything! You two will make excellent parents. Enjoy these last few weeks with just you and Kenny. You will never get them back again.

Melissa said...

I agree with everything that Nikki said! :) I am so excited for you guys! She will be here anytime now! SO awesome! I am still crossing my fingers that you know who delivers her! ;)