Monday, June 22, 2009

Still Waitin' for Peyton!

We had another appointment on Friday and STILL NOTHING! Saturday, Kenny and I just hung around the house for most of the day, but we got a lot accomplished. I was finishing up washing the rest of her clothes and blankets and organizing the closet and Kenny was cleaning out and vacuuming the truck to install the car seat! Which was definitely a good thing because I had a contraction! I asked Kenny to feel if he thought it was my whole stomach that was hard...I know I can feel too, and I thought it was, but I just wanted some verification:) His response was, "yeah it is (with somewhat of a nervous look on his face) well, lets time it to see if you have another one." So, it was 3:57 and I just went about my business...A little later I had another one and I told him. We looked at the clock and it was 4:20. He remembers everything the doctors say so he tells me in a little bit of a panicked voice, "okay drink 60 ounces of water in the next 20 minutes and go lay down on your left side." I go into lay down and here he comes with both fingers pointing at me while saying, "I am gonna shower-just in case," with a grin on his face, "then after that I am gonna pack your bag." Yes, I know I should have it ready by now, but I can't put my make-up in it yet, or my toothbrush, and everyday toiletries like this. For the most part it's ready though:) After that I didn't have anymore until later when we went to Target and Michael's. Then I started to feel them again. We came home and watched Seven Pounds, good movie by the way, we relaxed and I only felt a couple more the rest of the night. so I think just me being up and moving around this whole day really triggered these contractions. But it was fun and scary and exciting all at the same time!Here I am at 37 weeks and 4 days! I am just growing everyday it seems like and it just keeps going straight out!

Kenny and Kelli had another game on Friday and they won! It was close and the other team had last bats, but we held on for the win! Final score 11-9! Kenny's aunt and cousins came out so it was fun seeing them and being able to visit...even though I had to keep score.

We also had a very nice Father's Day! Kenny went to his parents and played a game and bbq'ed and I went to my grandpa's house with my family and we bbq'ed with my cousins and aunt and uncle. I don't think our dads will read this, but I just want to take a minute and let them know how much we appreciate everything they do for us and have done for us growing up! My father-in-law has always treated me like a child of his own and for that I am so grateful! And thanks to my dad for giving me so many special memories growing up and continuing to give me more! They say that a girl will marry someone like her father and in my case, that is completely true! It's kinda scary how much my dad and Kenny are alike:) Both of our dads are so much fun to be around and have hearts like no one else! We have definitely been blessed! We love you guys!

Next year will be fun because Kenny will be able to celebrate his first real Father's Day with our baby girl! Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!

6 comments:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

WOO HOO!! You're in the home stretch here! I can't wait to meet her. You look awesome and so does the nursery. You are the cutest mom in the whole world. We are going out of town for the 4th of July so I REALLY hope that you either have her a couple days early or that I can come home in time to catch you at the hospital. If I don't get to visit you there then I'll just have to make the journey out to San Tan Heights to see her!

Melissa said...

Kara, you are the cutest ever.

~Melissa

www.mandmtresler.com

Skaggs Family said...

Kara you are so adorable! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Wishing a short and easy delivery!

Matt and Nikki Smith said...

Oh my gosh I am getting so nervous for you! I bet you are getting so anxious :) Kenny sounds like he is going to be a great dad in the delivery room. It is so nice to have that support system with you. Good luck with everything. I will be checking in. I cannot wait to see pictures! Oh...I agree. Seven Pounds is an excellent movie!

Lindsay said...

Hang in, you are almost there. It is hard with the waiting and guessing game of when they will finally arrive. I hope all goes well with your delivery. Best wishes!
-Lindsay

Unknown said...

Hi Kara! Its me RaineyMom! You look adorable! I just wanted to pop over and say hi and to see your nursery, Kelly said the changing pad looked perfect. That's great! Say hello to Kenny for me.
Love ya!
~RaineyMom~