Monday, March 2, 2009

Where does the time go?

***Warning: Very long post***
My goodness, it has been forever since I updated our blog! First off, the important stuff...We had another appointment last week and the due date became official after the ultrasound! July 6th is when we will be meeting our little baby girl, who still doesn't have a name:) Our choices are Peyton or McKenna and I left it all up to Kenny and he is torn between the two! Although, mostly everyone likes Peyton, he is not going to be persuaded that easily. He wants it to be because WE like it and not because others talked him into it:) We heard her heartbeat again and it's still going as fast as it should be. We also got all my blood test results back and everything looks great! Kenny and I couldn't be more thankful to hear how healthy she is and how great everything is going. We were a little nervous because I had only gained a pound from our first apointment to our second one, which totaled only about 7 pounds. Then our last appointment I gained 5 pounds. So I am weigh in at 117 and have gained a total of 12 pounds! I am still wearing my regular clothes, but I know soon enough I wont be able to anymore! I have also felt her moving a lot more and really know it's her! Kenny was getting very frustrated because everytime she would start to move he would go to feel and she would stop. Well, the other night we both fell asleep in the living room and I woke up about 3:30 to her moving so I woke Kenny up and he finally felt her!! It was awesome because it was probably the hardest I have ever felt her move! He loves talking to her everyday and gives her a kiss everyday:) I have been getting heartburn really bad every night, but I crave spice so I guess that's what I get! Plus, I didn't have morning sickness so I guess it's nature's way of telling me how lucky I am that I only have to deal with heartburn. I read that the more heartburn you have, the more hair the baby will have! I get backaches too and it's getting a little tougher to find a comfortable way to sleep at night. I used to be such a stomach sleeper, but that's almost impossible now. I also can tell everyday I am getting bigger and bigger because one day my belly button was kinda sticking out, but could be pushed back in, and now it's just out there for good. Well, at least for the next few months:) We are also trying to get started on the nursery, but there were a few home improvements we wanted to get done first. We got new carpet so we had to clear out the room which will be the nursery and we just left it empty so now it's a blank canvas for us:) We don't like any themes so we are choosing colors with like a vintage antiquish kinda theme. (pictures of colors and pattern below:)) We think we want dark furniture with ivory bedding, very soft pink, then I will throw a plummish color in there. I can picture it, but I have yet to really get going on it. We finally went to Babies-R-Us on Sunday and we are so excited to register! That is a really fun store! We spent almost 2 hours in there! She already has clothes which is what me and Kenny love to shop for! Anyway...here are some pics and ideas for the nursery:)
Here is an updated belly picture to start with... Her parents and grandparents have already started spoiling her! Kenny and I try to get her something every week! The little green sweater is what daddy picked out! Then one night at Target I saw the little white graphic tee on the right and thought it was adorable. It says "Lovebugs" on it so I grabbed it! I found it in the little dollar spot and when I got up to register it came up $.27! Now anyone who knows me knows how much of a bargain shopper I am so I ran back and grabbed every other plus I found socks too! It came to like $2.50! I love bargains! Now for those of you who know my mom, know how much of a tomboy she is, which just makes it even funnier that she was the first to buy her very first dress! But my mom loves the brand "Cowgirl Tuff" and found this little yellow one! She also found the little pink outfit at The Glitter Box!
Nana and Pop Pop Holmes found these cute little items! Theresa and I think the Santa one will be perfect for her first visit with Santa this Christmas! One of the moms of a girl that plays on Hailey's softball team made some bows for her! The pink, black, and white one matches the team!
Here are the ideas for her nursery: First, we are thinking of painting the bottom half of the walls pink and the top half ivory. Then with the letters that I will "scrapbook" of her name, I will hang those above her crib on the ivory wall! I have only gotten an "N" because I use a 40% off Micheal's or JoAnn's coupon and Kenny hasn't decided on the name so the only letters I can get right now are an "N" and an "E". I told him he needs to hurry and decide because there are only 2 common letters between the two names:) He just laughs!
I also found two frames at Ross that I plan on scrapbooking these with the same paper I use for her name. Then I found some embellishments that match another frame from Target and the paper! The purple and green frames were only $2.50 at Target! I love clearance!

I am still debating on the green frame, but it goes really well with the purple one!

Well, those are the ideas for the nursery, but we'll see if we change our minds:) I told you this post was really long!

6 comments:

Matt and Nikki Smith said...

You are the cutest little pregnant lady! I LOVE your plans for the nursery. How many weeks (or months) are you at this point? Congratulations again :)

Lindsay said...

Hi Kara,
This is Lindsay (Haws) Frost. I am not sure if you will remember me. I think you will. We did 8th grade cheer together and went to grade-high school together. Anyway, I was blog hoping and found yours on Joy's blog. I wanted to say hi and I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. That is so exciting. Little girls are the best. I have a 15 month old girl and she is our greatest joy. Though, a little sassy at times. My blog is private, but if you are ever interested in being invited just email me. hawslindsay@cox.net. Hope things continue to go well for you. Good Luck
Lindsay

Melissa said...

Ok, first off you are SO STINKING CUTE! :) (like you weren't before but Kara with a baby belly is just flipping adorable!) I loved your whole post! I can just feel your excitement and I just get more and more excited for you! The names you guys have picked are SO cute! Tell Kenny to hurry it up and pick one out, hehe. That is just too funny that you have started to buy the 'common' letters for her name! I love your bargains you have scored! I am big on clearance and bargains and coupons...etc..you are tearin' it up girl! The nursery is going to be adorable! You have an awesome vision for it! Looks like little Miss Holmes has an awesome start to her wardrobe too!

Anyway, sorry about the long comment. I just thought your post was so sweet and I had to say something! I'm so excited for you! :) Sorry about the heartburn - it stinks big time huh?! Keep the tums handy! :)

~Melissa Tresler

http://www.mandmtresler.com/

Lindsey said...

Kara...
Congratulations! It is Lindsey (use to be Borelli) and I found your blog off of Lara's. How exciting for you guys, you will love being a mom! Your little belly is so cute!

Take care, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

Matt and Nikki Smith said...

22 weeks! Well you are more than half way through. That's great! How nice to skip past the whole first trimester. It sounds like Kenny is going to be such a good dad. I am so happy for you guys. There has been some baby talk for us lately. We actually found out that we are pregnant 10 days ago. I am only 8 weeks though. Very exciting!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Kara you really are the cutest little pregnant girl. I never got morning sickness but had TERRIBLE heartburn 24/7 and yes, Ryder came out with hair, but not a lot. He still doesn't have very much hair. HA! Anyways, I like both of your names. Sonia's youngest BOY is named Peyton so I automatically think of him when I hear that name...or Peyton Manning...but anyways, it can totally be a girls name too. I like McKenna as well...it's your decision. Just know both names are super cute. I really hope we have a girl next because I already have a name picked out for her and everytime I see girl clothes I want to buy them!!!