Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vacation!

This last weekend we went to Magic Mountain with the Maher side of the family along with other friends and family! It was a quick weekend because we didn't leave until Thursday night and then came home on Saturday, but it was so much fun! Kenny was a little skeptical about some of the rides:) He doesn't really like things that whip you around upside down, but I talked him into it. We were walking through the line at the "Goliath" ride and saw his feet so we had to take a picture with them:)
Me, Kelli, and Hailey went on the Dive, which is a bungee jump type thing! Kelli and I have always wanted to do it since we were about 12 years old, but our dad wouldn't let us (he is afraid of heights). One year he was finally going to let us do it in Las Vegas, but when we got there it was closed! Well, we never had the opportunity again until this weekend, and we even talked him into letting Hailey ride with us! It was the most intense experience EVER! I actually went a second time:) I will try to post the video of it, but here are a couple pics...not great ones, but you get the picture:) On our way home, we stopped by Santa Monica Pier, ate lunch, and the boys played some football on the beach!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Looks like you had a blast! I have always wanted to try the dive but I'm not a fan of heights so I chicken out. It's always nice to have a vacation, even if it's short!

p.s- Is Kelli's hair red? It looks super cute!

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Wow I have so much to say. First of all I am SOOO jealous I love Six Flags but I have only ridden Goliath once and thought I was gonna die so I could never do that again. I miss being able to up and leave on vacations being all spontaneous. I'm glad you're still getting to enjoy it, but I think you should join the baby world now :) Oh come on! I know you and Kenny are gonna make BEAUTIFUL babies. Second of all...Kelli is a redhead now?? She looks SO different. Is she back in AZ? Oh yeah and isn't your 3 year anniversary this month?? I thought you got married like...October 22nd or something. Maybe not. We just had our 2 year on the 5th.