Monday, November 7, 2011

Meet the Flintstones!

We went as the Flintstones for Halloween! My friend Brittany gave me the idea and we were able to do it pretty cheap too. I don't remember the last time I dressed for Halloween, but with Peyton getting older I want her to remember it. I was going to make our costumes...I figured it couldn't be that hard, but we found a Fred Flintstone costume at Target for $20. And actually got 10% off because there was a small hole towards the bottom. You never would have noticed, but I figured I might as well ask. Then I made my Wilma dress out of a king size pillow case and my necklace out of foam balls from the dollar store. For Peyton's costume I bought a green shirt at Wal-Mart on clearance and glued black felt triangles to it. I think we spent maybe $32 total...We went to my sister's Saturday night and had just a few friends over. Peyton slept for a bit at first then was ready to party when she woke up!

On Halloween I helped at a face painting booth at a Trunk or Treat at the park. Kenny and Peyton went down there and Peyton had a great time! My sister, Thomas, his mom, Tommi, and my parents met them there too. She got a lot of candy and had so much fun! Our costumes were too cold to wear outside so we ended up dressing like cowgirls. I borrowed most of my stuff from Kelli and I had everything at home for Peyton's.

No comments: