Saturday, May 21, 2011

One of these days I will catch up on posting. I think I am so far behind it scares me a little to start because it's going to take a while and I don't want to spend the time to be quite honest! Anyway, here's a quick post for you...

I completed these two little projects one morning. First off, let me tell you how much I LOVE going to yard sales! Just to look for anything that I can paint and add to my home decor. To be honest, I never have too much luck, and have only came home with maybe 3 frames...kind of a bummer because I love good deals, but I just look at it as saving money!

Well, last month I went one morning and came across something I knew I "needed"... another shelf for Peyton's stuff! The others just weren't cutting it anymore. So I pulled up to this one house because I saw this shelving unit leaning against a bush. I was walking up right behind a guy and his wife and he was looking at the same item that made me pull over:( He walked away and I saw a sticker that said $10. The lady that was "hosting" this yard sale was standing there and I asked her how she mounted it to the wall because it seemed to be missing a few peices of the hardware, and she had some suggestions for me. So I offered her $5 thinking she would counter-offer with a couple dollars more, which I would have been more than willing to pay, but yes I am that cheap and hoped she would accept it, which SHE DID! I was THRILLED to say the least:) And the funny part of the story was that the guy who was looking at it before me (who walked away I must add) was getting ready to show his wife and I just heard him say, "well you were over there lolligagging and it's sold now." Haha! "Ya snooze, ya lose." (I'm not that mean, I just don't feel too bad because the guy wasn't mad about it...at least I didn't think he was...anyway it is much bigger and stores more! I'm a little hesitant to put all of her books on it because I don't want her to climb up to get them so I only put a few on that she doesn't read all the time!

Before:

After:

My other project was finally painting this...for the third time! I had it black when the toy room was our guest room. After we made it her toy room I just thought the black was too dark for a toy room so I painted it white and left a little black in the crevices. Mainly because I didn't take the time to paint it completely and thought it was "good enough" no one ever sees it anyway. Well, in January, we got a new tv I thought it would be perfect below it, but the color definitely didn't work. I put off painting it and was sick of looking at it everyday knowing it needed to be done so I finally repainted it. I just want to rough up the edges so it looks a little more "worn" than so crisp and shiny.
Before:

After:

2 comments:

Alissa Mott said...

Very cute! :) I love re-doing things like that too but now that Tanner is here, I never have the time! Hopefully someday!:)

Skaggs Family said...

so cute Kara! i love love love it! it looks great in white AND black. good score on the shelves too!