Saturday, April 17, 2010

Inspiration

I finally repainted our bedroom! I have been putting it off for a few months now making sure I wanted to take on that challenge. I say "challenge" because we have a plant shelf that runs along a whole wall and angles that don't make it any easier. Throw in some vaulted ceilings and there you have it...a "challenge." I don't mind painting, but I wasn't really looking forward to it, so I kept tossing the thought around of just dealing with the two-toned green, which I painted and liked it, but finally got over it. It's amazing what paint does to a room! Anyway, I love watching HGTV and I saw this room on one of the shows, Splurge and Save, and absolutely loved it! I know it's a dining room, but who cares. I like that it gives me a "retreat-type-feel" like we are on vacation somewhere exotic. So there you have it...my inspiration...one of my many projects I will be working on for the next few weeks...maybe months...who knows:) A little crazy, different, and not near what the rest of our house looks like, but I think that's what I like about it. So far I only have the tan color on the wall. And Kenny wasn't too keen on the zebra thrown in there, but his words were, "Babe, you know I don't care." I can't wait!

1 comment:

Jon and Lara Stowell said...

Love it. And the zebra is totally you. Every I see zebra I think back to your old bedroom...baby blue and zebra. I think you should do it!